Sunday, November 8, 2009

Livin' the Vida Loca

So for those of you who still occasionally check in to see how Orton's in Montana are doing, it would appear that we have been suspended in time in 'Summer Lovin,' when in fact we have actually been living the "vida loca" and find every spare moment while the kids are sleeping taken up with my face in a textbook...hence the giant gap in blogging.
Life, although busy, has been great for us these past few months. The busy-ness is enjoyable, and the quality time we spend together makes it all worth it. The kids are both really enjoying their preschools, Sophie has lots of friends and is always laughing and playing with them when I pick her up. Noah seems to be blossoming in his own independence. He is saying more and more, and has long exact thoughts. He loves to count, sing, and play games and puzzles. He is potty training right now and has a new proud strut to his walk....I miss the lazy days around the house, but am so happy that everyone has transitioned so well into our new little routine. Weekends have become so special and relaxing. What was once a time when I was desperate to get out of the house and do something since we used to be home all the time- now it is so nice for all of us to just hang out and relax together, we are loving it!
My school keeps me very busy, I study a lot, and love my classes. I have managed to find a nice balance and am able to be 'present' at home without worrying too much about school. I try to get all my study out of the way before I pick up the munchkins so that we can just hang out at home and I can be mom. Matthew has been super dad and so helpful and supportive.

So what have we been up to? We made the 14 hour drive down to Denver in late August for my Mom's 60th birthday, Sam's baptism and to spend time with all the family reunited after several years. It was an awesome time and always so nice to be around family. Photobucket

Fall has been really enjoyable, Missoula has it's usual majestic fall feeling of fresh air, nice light and great colors. Speaking of colors- we painted our house! Finally. We got rid of the blah and went for the bold and thankfully we love it.
Photobucket
Halloween was very cute- Noah and Sophie picked out their costumes - butterfly and bumble bee - Sophie decided her wings were too uncomfortable on Halloween so was a last minute princess. Her little friends from preschool and Colter came trick or treating with us. Noah wore his little bumblebee costume with Sophie's black leggings,and his skinny little black legs were so precious as he ran from house to house getting candy.
Photobucket
Photobucket

I am looking forward to some more free time over thanksgiving, and having grandma and grandpa in town - the vida loca could use a little breather...here are a couple pics of the munchkins...and don't be surprised if it is awhile before I update again - but I will keep you posted.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I loved the update and really really love the house color. So so bold and classy. I miss seeing everyone at playgroup on a regular basis but am so happy for you and your schooling success. Hope to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the new house colour!!! only 20 sleeps to go!!

    ReplyDelete